Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April Fools Day



April Fools Day has come and gone but I think our boys will remember that day for a long time!
 Playing a joke involves strategy and careful planning and for me the anticipation of the joke is just as fun as the joke itself.
 On the evening before April Fools, after the boys had gone to bed, Adam and I set the house and van clocks an hour behind. The next morning we woke up in a sudden panic! We had "slept in" and now we needed to do some serious rushing if we were going to make it to school on time.
 The boys flew into action mode grabbing their lunches, dressing, and patting down their hair. I told them that there wouldn't be time to eat breakfast but to grab a hand full of cereal.
During this mad scramble the boys had a few interesting comments about it still being dark outside and that they still felt tired.
 The three older boys ran into the van and we took off trying to get to school before the bell rang. Along the way I asked them if they had a chance to eat something. I heard a hearty "No" and bemoaning the fact that snack time would take "forever" to come. 
At that moment I turned the van into a parking lot of a breakfast restaurant and yelled "April Fools!"
The boys broke out into a grin and told me they thought something was up. Poor Andrew was just relieved after the bustling morning that he could eat breakfast. Within minutes, Adam arrived with the two youngest boys and we had an enjoyable breakfast together celebrating one of the best days of the year!


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha...I am sure you kids love having such "fun" parents:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great mom you are!!!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you Kerri, only you would think of something this fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I don't know any other households where April fool's day is one of the favorite days of the year. And your kids sound like good sports about only grabbing a handful of cereal for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete