Saturday, June 29, 2013

some more Tyler Tales

 On a warm and sunny day this week, "war" broke out in our back yard...more specifically our swing set.  Tragically, Tyler got caught in the crossfire and this is the result...





A missing tooth.
 It really is a sad, sad thing when one so young looses a tooth knowing that it will be years until it is replaced with a permanent tooth.
*******************************************************

                      When Tyler came crying to the back door with a mouth full of blood, I knew that I needed some back up, so I called my sister-in-law Christine and she came over right away (many times I have thought that she would of been an excellent emergency room nurse!) Both of us could not tell if the tooth got shoved up into Tyler's gums so I called our dentist to get some help. By this time I was feeling slightly frazzled but just to make matters more chaotic, the dentist closed five minutes before I called. By this time Tyler was full of blood, I was very mad at the other boys who were suffering from sudden amnesia when asked what happened, and I was not in a good place in my mind.
I grabbed Tyler and took off at a quick clip to the dentist with high hopes that I might be able to catch the dentist before he left the office. The quick clip lasted until I noticed a cop following closely behind me - the very truth. Thankfully the cop didn't pull me over and I slid to a stop in the parking lot (taking up three spaces). Once again I grabbed Tyler and ran to the door. The staff were just locking the door, talking about their packed long weekend and then...they looked up to see my frazzled face, trying to catch my breath, and Tyler with blood streaked all over his t-shirt. They graciously unlocked the door, turned their computer system on again and took x-rays of his little mouth.
$56.00 later we knew that the tooth was indeed gone, Tyler was happy with his little prizes, and I headed slowly off for home. What a day.
Here's what I learned. Accidents do happen and it doesn't have to be one person's fault. The boys were all having fun and Tyler just happened to get caught in the middle. What can I say? Not having girls in our family  means we don't have to deal with the drama; we have trauma (at least for me!)


*****************************************

Tyler's favourite funny face.

Here are a few pictures of our full-of-life little guy. (pre-accident) 


Tyler has been making his own lunch for some time now. It is one big messy occurrence, but he is thrilled with his messy, gooey, sandwiches.
 
 

Now I know why I have so much laundry!

3 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. He's still as cute as ever! I'm glad that Christine came to the rescue for you; she's definitely had experience in that department. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerri, I feel your pain. My almost 10-year-old had two "trauma" Saturday's. First he cut himself open with an exacto knife and the next week was our dentist week. He was chasing the dog on his bike. Needless to say he needs work on both of his front adult teeth as they have large stress cracks :S ... I totally felt frazzled and like crying. I told him he was going to walk around with a helmet on his head from now on! But, he reminded me it could always have be worse :P Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, I feel for you with the loss of little Ty's tooth.....it will be on the Christmas list for YEARS to come! :) My guy lost his at 1 1/2 years old and you will soon even forget this accident as something else will take its place. He is now 6 and keeps saying that his tooth is coming in just to be like his sister Brooke who's tooth is making its way finally.
    Just be prepared for the 'what happened to his tooth'? question for months to come!!!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete