Friday, June 7, 2013

amazing aunts!

 
On Mother's Day, I was thinking about all of the wonderful, inspirational women God has placed in my life and I realized that many of these women are my AUNTS!
On my mom's side my aunts are one of a kind. They host teas, brunches, baby and wedding showers for all of their nieces. They bring meals, cards and words of encouragement when there are down days. They can give recipes off the top of their head, tell you where the best deals are, and they have a fantastic sense of humor. On my dad's side, sometimes I only see my aunts a couple times of year but what really strikes me is that it seems like just yesterday. We pick up just where we left off. They want to know what is going on in your life, what is new, and what books are worth reading. I have asked them for advice and it has always been very Godly.
 When I married Adam, God gave me more aunts and they too are wonderful. It seems like they have always been my aunts! We don't see each other as often, but when we do, it is like receiving a beautiful bunch of flowers!
So if you are an aunt, be assured that you too play a role in your nephews and nieces' lives. I know that our boys drink in the attention that their aunts and uncles, and even great aunts and uncles shower on them!

2 comments:

  1. I love my aunts! When mom died, we relied even more on them. I know that they will always be there for me. When God blesses you with Christian aunts, then you really are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a beeline for my aunt at the Ladies' Day today. I only have a few left and I treasure them more than ever. Thank you for your lovely comments and I love my nieces to bits!

    ReplyDelete