Tuesday, July 16, 2013

the laundry room

 We have a two story house and I spent a lot of time going up and down the stairs with laundry in my arms, and somehow the clothes never made it to the dressers. One day I got smart and dragged the boy's dressers downstairs and put them in the laundry room which is on the main floor. I moved all of their clothes into the laundry room so that after breakfast they would just go to their drawer and pull out the day's clothes. This turned out to be a wonderful brain wave that saved much time. Eventually we put built-in cupboards and drawers in the laundry room and this has helped keep things neat and organized.



Each boy has two drawers for their clothes and in the laundry baskets are all of dirty clothes that are sorted. I also have a laundry basket full of boy's underwear and boy's socks (mostly mismatched).

All of the boy's clothes are in the laundry room except for the out of season clothes and clothes that need to be hung up.

This is what it looks like at the end of the day!

You cannot see it too clearly but I have a saying on top of the door that says,
"The laundry room  Loads of fun"

*********************************

But here is the thing: even with everything being organized I cannot keep up with the all of the laundry. Just when I think that I have gotten to the bottom of the pile, in the middle of the night a big truck comes and dumps an even bigger load!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah....when you nail down the driver of that truck could you tell him to stop coming to my place too!?!?!
    (This IS a great set-up thought Kerri! Perhaps the only time is will be an "issue" is when they get a bit older and don't want to change in front of each other anymore).
    It looks GREAT!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kerri! I dream of having a beautiful laundry room someday instead of my dungeon of a basement where I have to watch out for stepping on toads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Anneke, we call ours the dungeon also and are scared of toads and mice!!!
    Very jealous of your laundry room!!!
    connie

    ReplyDelete