Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tyler=trouble

I hope that we are not the only family that has this problem but around here the terrible twos hit at 18 months. Tyler has kept our life far from boring, in fact I get many heart stopping, sharp-intake- of- breath moments.  Raising Tyler has become a family affair. This is what I hear thoughout the hectic days: "Moooom, Tyler is on the piano!" "Moooom, Tyler is in the toilet and someone didn't flush it. It wasn't me!" "Moooom, Tyler is standing on the kitchen table and it looks like he wants to jump!" "You bad boy Tyler. You just wrecked my lego house."


Tyler likes to wear things and most often it is underwear. The other day my brother-in-law stopped by and Tyler came running out of the laundry room wearing a pink underwear. I felt myself blush because I couldn't pass this one off as someone elses:)








                                                               Tyler and cousin Josh.



                                                      Why is the toilet such a magnet?!



When I was expecting Tyler I was very sure that it was another boy. That was fine by me but I hoped that it would be a calm boy. I had just come though some very trying times with Andrew (someday I may be able to write about them but it is still too fresh)  and I thought that I deserved a rest. Well, Tyler isn't as bad as Andrew was but we are almost there. Bruises, bangs, and bumps I can handle but what I constantly worry about is Tyler's teeth. He has a small, fine face so his teeth seem to be a tad on the large side. I worry that during one of his tumbles, his teeth will get knocked. I have to say that I admire this little guy. He is small but he has a lot of spunk. He has a special grin for when he gets caught doing something that he knows he shouldn't be doing. Despite the extra messes to clean up, scary moments, and wrecked lego, we are all crazy about him!

5 comments:

  1. and you should hear him talk! Kerri, this is bringing us back 30 years. Every bit of it. Nothing is too high, too low, too tight. We love him to bits.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, Kerri! And so familiar...
    If only the toilet that is so fascinating to a one-year-old would continue to be a magnet when it's time to potty train!

    Rachel Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!-- He'd get along great with our youngest two... :D

    dianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. hilarious! he is SO cute, Kerri. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that other parents have some troublesome children also... :) And about the teeth thing....let me tell you a little story....our youngest, Brooke, (16 months now) fell down the stairs about 2 months ago, and one of her bottom teeth came out! It was awful! She stopped crying and then I looked in her mouth, then I started crying! :( Took her to the dentist, but of course, they could do nothing about it....Now we say that she looks a bit like a jack-o-lantern! :)
    Hope you are doing well!
    Sharlene Huizinga

    ReplyDelete