Friday, December 9, 2011

pictures from times past

Whenever my parents see/hear Tyler, they say to me, "Kerri -this is you when you were young. Kerri, this brings us back 30 years ago.  You were this small and this busy too. You could fit into anything and the way you talked - it is just like how Tyler talks now."

When Tyler "talks" he gets huge smiles from his listening audience. His talking isn't quite Chinese but it isn't German either. It is a deep-throated garble. He points to something and then "talks" about it.
So here are some pictures of me when I was young.











I can tell you one thing. I know where Tyler gets his rather large teeth from.
When I saw this picture of me I remembered a story that my mom loved to tell.
One Halloween my mom dressed me up as a rabbit. A rabbit. To top it off she gave me a carrot to hold on to. When little kids rang the doorbell, my mom would answer the door with me and they would break out in hysterical laughter when they saw me. I had no idea that my mom (who is supposed to be kind:) would do such a traumatizing thing. It is a good thing that I was too young to know what was going on and it is a good thing that they paid big bucks to get me braces.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!Wow!Wow! Is that every YOU! And Tyler! Adorable! Esp. the third (and fourth) photos! Thanks for sharing! Just so cuuutE! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats hilarious, Kerri!! So adorable, both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete