Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Summary of Summer - 2015




~Briefly - the amount of time I considered if the boys should be wearing their shirts during supper time. I glanced at my laundry pile, pictured it doubled, and then told them the rule was no shirts during supper
~First time - having a Fresh Air Kid come and live with us for two weeks
~First time - having a journalist come over and interview our family about our great experience with our fresh air kid. He brought his camera but that ended up staying in the protective case. I took a harder look at our family and saw what journalist saw. Five moving boys, some dirty faces, no shirts
~ First time - that I clipped chicken wings
~12 hours - the amount of time it took to toilet train Caleb (yahoo!)
~Last time - buying swimmers
~First time - Andrew & Liam water-skied
~First time - Liam was able to drop a ski
~First time in 20 years that I went knee boarding behind the boat.
~First time having goat babies
~First summer - not having a little one that needed to nap during the day, (that's not as fun as it sounds...I liked those quiet times!)
~10 - the number of laying hens we have that continued to escape causing mulch pile ups around the gardens
~2nd summer in a row that we have drained our pond trying to solve the leaking problem
~100,000,000 rocks, (at least that is what it felt like) that had to be removed around the pond so we could solve the leaking problem by putting a liner in it (and I only did a few loads - that was enough for me!)
~130+ times by four is the decibels of our pigs squealing when they see food. They are so loud. A chainsaw is 115 decibels.
~1 time - a couple parked their car in our driveway and then walked to our plum tree in our front yard and then....started to pick our plums. When our dog started barking, she asked us to call the dog off! I have never seen such nerviness!
~ 0 trips to the hospital! Everyone stayed safe!



3 comments:

  1. Great post, this is fun!!! Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! Super summary. Disturbing about the brazen plum thief, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same about the plum pickers! Wow.

    ReplyDelete