Wednesday, July 30, 2014

you only have boys in your family when...



* your nine year old asks if you have "ever heard of this thing called a barbie?"

** your six year old occupies himself during supper by making a fence out of a spaghetti noodle for his "pet" ant

*** your boys express sympathy and dismay for their friends who have sisters. I have overheard: "How annoying for you to have a sister. I feel sorry for you"

**** there is no such thing as a leisurely family bike-ride. Bike helmets are thrown on and the boys go charging out of the driveway at top-notch speed peddling fast and recklessly. Their competitiveness is obvious as they fly down the road swerving to miss pot holes and narrowly missing each other. As I peddle along, far behind everyone else, I wonder what it will be like when they start driving...dread.

*****  it is pure delight when your boys surprise you with a fist full of "flowers." They know that flowers thrill me and they will search high and low for a bouquet.

****** Its an honour to be a mother of all boys!!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome Kerri! Loved #2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such a hair-raising delight - and you without a single gray thread among the gold... how do you do it? I still have (and love) the picture Liam and Eve made for me from pipe cleaners last summer.

    ReplyDelete