Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"sweet spots around the house"

Here are some of the areas around our house that make our home feel like HOME.
 
The octagon mirror is from a second hand store and the lamp beside it is one of a kind. My mother in law filled it up with the sea glass that she collects. She also bought the picture of the bird and the comforting text on it.




This old crate holds the little odds and ends in the hallway. I get many compliments on it, but can't take credit. My sister gave the crate to me after taking care of my niece for a weekend. That was the easiest thing I have ever earned:)

This plant is a familiar one to all of my extended family. The family took cuttings from my great-grandmother's plant decades ago. I think that plants are so cozy but I have never had this plant bloom...I am not exactly sure that it is supposed to bloom?!
The carving of the praying hands is from my Oma. She had it in her home and I received the carving after she died. I love it because it reminds me to pray and it reminds me of my Oma.


I bought this picture frame from Ikea and as it was being hung up, someone in our house cracked the glass. So...we took some chicken wire, stuck it in there and now hang an assortment of pictures from it with clothes pins.

We have a bunch of geography lovers in our home. The globe is from a garage sale and the big map is from Ikea. The map was expensive but very worth it. The boys read about a place and then check it out on the map. They know borders, territories, and bodies of water. They know a whole lot more about geography than me. Yikes.
 


I love books and book shelves. I think that they are so cozy. This one is in our bedroom and it also serves as a catch- all for the neat little things that the boys have made or written. Someday maybe I will have a chance to file it...
 

And what can I say about this wonder!! Caleb is a real joy with his fast smiles and sparkling blue eyes. As busy as it is right now with the five boys, I never thought that it would be so wonderful to see the four oldest interacting with their baby brother. Tyler especially has a tender spot for Caleb and it is beautiful to watch them together. The boys are thrilled with every little accomplishment that Caleb does. This morning I heard Liam say, "Mom, you are never going to believe it. Caleb crawled five inches! That is so exciting!"

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to include a self portrait. :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete