Friday, August 2, 2013

BOOK - "Running For My Life" by Lopez Lomong

"One Lost Boy's Journey from the Killing Fields of Sudan to the Olympic Games"

This book is a MUST READ!!

"Running for my Life" is about a boy who is kidnapped at the tender young age of six, escapes from soldiers, lives in a refugee camp for ten years, moves to America, and eventually runs in the Olympics.
This book is moving.
Right now I am reading this book to our three oldest boys (six plus) and at the end of every chapter they are begging for more. This book shows God's care for this young boy, teaches about life in Africa, poverty, gratitude, graciousness, hospitality, and working hard.
This is not just a book for growing children. It is taking every inch of self-discipline in me not to read further ahead in the book.

1 comment:

  1. Kerri, I loved this book, thanks for the recommendation. My husband who is not a reader at all devoured it in a day too. Can't wait to share with my big kids. Ericka

    ReplyDelete