Thursday, September 20, 2012

God's Care for Us

"The Hand of God: Finding His Care in All Circumstances"
Right now I am reading this book by Alistair Begg and it is a wonderful book that I highly recommend. He takes the life of Joseph and applies it to our lives. This book shows that the darkest moments that we may go through are not driven by some blind and impersonal force but are filtered through God's Almighty and Caring Hands.

We have started our Ladies Bible Study again this year and it is so good to be back in fellowship with everyone and study God's Word together. During prayer time there are many requests and it reminded me of the struggles that are out there.
Perhaps you are in a situation right now where you are struggling with grief, loneliness, financial difficulties, bitterness, low energy, dealing with a non-communicative teenager, running after toddlers, infertility, or suffering with physical illnesses. Maybe you are crying out to God and you feel distant from Him. There are so many struggles and people hurting all around us. The book of the Psalms is always a huge comfort.


Alistair Begg paraphrases Psalm 139  by putting it in the Lord's voice rather than the psalmist. Put your name in the blank and read it. Meditate on it. Say it out loud and thank the Lord for His absolute unfailing love.

"N....., I have searched you and I know you. I know when you sit down and when you stand up. I know your thoughts from afar. I discern your going out and your lying down. I'm familiar with all your ways. Before you say anything, N..., I know it completely.
"N...., I have hemmed you in, behind and before. I have laid My hand upon you. Where can you go from My spirit? Where can you flee from My presence? If you go up to the heavens, N..., I am there. If you make your bed in the depths, I am there. If you rise up on the wings of the dawn, if you settle on the far side of the sea, even there My hand will guide you. My right hand will hold you fast.
"N... if you say, "Surely the darkness will hide me, and the light will become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to Me. The night will shine like the day.
"N... I have created you. I knit you together in your mother's womb. You have every reason to praise Me because you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
"Your frame wasn't hidden from Me when I made you in the secret place. I wove you together in the depths of the earth. My eyes saw your unformed body. All the days ordained for you were written in My book before one of them came to be.
"N..., the sum of My thoughts toward you is vast; they out number the grains of sand."

God is so gracious and good to us.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I love how this is the Lord's voice. He is very real and amazing when read this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of us will go through life without trials. What a comfort to know that these trials are not just flukes but a means to bring us in close fellowship with God.

    ReplyDelete