Wednesday, August 10, 2011

rathfon inn

The Rathfon Inn is an old, quaint inn surrounded by stone walls and it is situated on lake Erie.
We enjoyed spending some time there with Adam's family.
It is the perfect place to have family get-togthers and it is nice & close to home so Adam would work during the day & come & join us in the evening.





                                            The grandchildren love Oma's craft time!

Megan is going to be a teacher at our school this September & the kids adore her. They could hardly wait until she came over after work each day. She had them entertained for hours.







 Planking. Have you ever heard of it? It had everyone's creative juices flowing trying to come up with unusual spots to plank.  Kids & adults got in on the action.














What great times! Thank you uncle Ben & aunt Rini for arranging this!

6 comments:

  1. I heard about planking on the news. Some people do some crazy things with it. I laughed when I saw the baby in your post planking. Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time! It's been awhile since I've been to the Rathfon with the church or the Sikkema's.

    And Megan is going to be a wonderful teacher! Are any of your boys in her class?

    Rachel Sjaarda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, our boys would love to be in Megan's class, but not this year. They still have very good teachers this year and they are excited about that.

    Trish, if you ever go on a homeschooling trip, planking would be fun! They use their imaginations and you capture the surrounding areas on your pictures. By the way, we have been making Jo's cookies with the oreos in between. Unbelievable. Delicious. Fantastic. We LOVE them. I might do a post on that too!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerri!
    Maurice went to bed early feeling crummy, and in the quiet void of the evening I went blog exploring and found you! (via your sister, via Carole) I felt kinda like I was snooping so I thought I'd leave a comment to salve my conscience...
    It was nice to "see" you again this way, since I haven't seen you in quite awhile in real life! Your babes is so cute - he's got a sweet smile like his mama. :)
    I never heard of planking - hilarious pics!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! So random, but I have just come across this post! Oh, how I miss the Rathfon and the good times it brought! Also, Kerri you are very kind! Your boys are super easy to have fun with! I hope all things are going well and you are adjusting well to a new school year! Miss you all! Love, Megs

    ReplyDelete