Tuesday, February 10, 2015

comfort and inspiration



~Comfort~
A few weeks ago in our women's bible study we were discussing Christian persecution. I thought back over the years and realized ever since I was a little girl, the thought of persecution towards Christians has terrified me.
 Would I be strong enough to suffer? Would I be able to stand firm in my faith and boldly proclaim that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour?

Later that afternoon I was reading about Corrie Ten Boom and this beautiful paragraph jumped out at me.

This is Corrie speaking. "When I was a little girl, I told Father that I was afraid I would never be strong enough to suffer as a martyr for Jesus.

 Father asked me,
"When you go to travel, when do I give you the train ticket? Three weeks before?"

"No, Daddy, the day I go to the train."

"That is so, Corrie. And so does God. He does not give you now the strength to suffer for Him, but if you should have the honor to be called to hard times as a martyr, He will give you the grace, the train ticket, just in time."

"God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind."

This story helped me. I hope it will help you too!



~Inspiration~

This is one of Corrie's special childhood memories:

"When I was a little girl I was sure that Jesus was a member of the Ten Boom family. It was just as easy to talk to Him as it was to carry on a conversation with my mother and father. Jesus was there.
One day when I was five years old, my mother watched me playing house. She saw me knock on an imaginary neighbor's door and wait for an answer. "Corrie," she said, "I know Someone Who is standing at your door and knocking. He is Jesus. Would you like to invite Him into your heart?" I said, "Yes." She put her hand in mine and we prayed together. Jesus didn't say "You are just too little." He just came and He never left me.

I love this beautiful story of Corrie's mother tenderly talking to her. You can be sure she was a praying mother and knew when to speak these wise words to her daughter, gently leading her.



                                                                                                                         

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment