Friday, January 11, 2013

introducing Caleb!

Sorry for so many pictures but how can you resist a sweet newborn! Caleb was born at 3:00pm on New Years Eve. I was induced after having high blood pressure for many weeks so he was ten days early and weighed a healthy 7.3Ibs. I spent many hours during the pregnancy in the labour and delivery ward having non-stress tests and I heard many moans and groans of pain. By the time it was my turn, I was scared silly. The morning that I went in I decided that after four natural births it was time to have an epidural. The anesthesiologist was walking out of the hospital and I said to my nurse, "grab him!", so I had one BEFORE the pain was bad and the labour was a breeze!

 
An hour after Caleb was born these excited big brothers came to meet their new little brother. The nurses were waving through the windows watching these boys run up the side walk to the hospital. They told me that it made their day to see these boys so full of enthusiasm and excitement. I have to admit that when I first saw this picture that I was instantly over whelmed. Five boys to raise. Five boys to raise to be godly men.


We have four other pictures like this. A proud, happy father and a little newborn with a blue knitted hat. I am beyond thankful for my husband.


Dr. N. has delivered three of our babies and helped when we had our little Matthew. He is a giant of a man with a giant heart. His hearty laugh can be heard through out the baby ward but the best part is that he is a Christian and believes that life is given by God.
 

Liam to Oma: "I am just so happy. I don't know why. I think it is because I have a new brother!"

Last month my grandpa was so sick and we didn't know if he would meet our little one. What a special picture this is.
 

My friend's sister was in the bed beside me with her newborn son. We had a great time together chatting about all sorts of things. It felt like a slumber party!
 
 

Andrew loves to "pet" Caleb!

Olivia is all smiles despite being the only grand-daughter. There are now ten grandsons and one grand- daughter for my parents.
(This is coming from four daughters and no sons!)

Eve and Michaela - there are are ten grandsons and three grand-daughters on Adam's side.

We try our best to keep this two year old far away from his little brother...
 
~So BLESSED~

14 comments:

  1. He's beautiful Kerri! I hope that he is a good baby! I also loved Dr. N, he is such a sweet man! We pray that you and Adam will be blessed with wisdom as you raise your 5 strapping sons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have a Christian doctor! and what a beautiful son you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never apologize for too many baby pictures!:) I love them!! They are irresistable. Love the last one!! Enjoy these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures! So nice to see Dr. N. again, even if only in a photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweetheart! Keep the pics coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is absolutely beautiful and looks like he is going to fit well with the other handsome boys in your family. Praying God will bless you with much wisdom as you raise all of your sons up in the fear of His name. Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Adam and Kerri! So glad all those long months are done for you - we can relate too well with the relief! Caleb looks pretty handsome! Lord's richest blessings as you raise another rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you think about it, all the sons on Adam’s side seem to be in this generation… reviewing the paternal ancestry, Tjeerd (Adam’s great-great-grandfather) had 2 sons only one of whom (Frans, Adam’s great grandfather) had sons of his own, Tjeerd and Adam. The Tjeerd (“Ted”) of that generation had only daughters while Adam included two sons (Frank and Marvin) among his progeny. Marvin’s only son is still too young to start a family but Adam’s dad Frank had 3 sons. Now, suddenly, the Y-chromosome is popping up everywhere! Loooovve the pics – Beauty and the Boys.

    love, Aunt M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Adam and Kerri! He is absolutely beautiful.

    ~Aileen P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kerri

    Congratulations on your new baby boy. I hope all is going well for you. I am so glad you got to have Dr. N for the delivery, I think that in itself is very special. He is wonderful. Such an awesome and kind and loving man. I have had some really good talks with him. Love him! May God bless you as you raise this family of boys to His glory!
    elaine k.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Kerri & Adam. I laughed at the epidural. I've done the first four naturally too, but I am almost feeling the same way about baby #5 just give me the epidural! Hope you are adjusting to a little one in the home again and getting rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures Kerri! he is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have the five boy challenge, but our boys have the influence of five sisters. I'm sure it makes a huge difference. Our boys tried to learn how to behave around little girls. (sort of) But I'm sure it must have smoothed out some edges. Your boys are beautiful, stay strong, don't sweat the small stuff!

    ReplyDelete