Thursday, October 27, 2011

class trips

I love going on class trips with the kids. It gives me a chance to see how they are interacting with their classmates and it is a lot of fun getting to know the other kids in the class. Liam's class went on a hike through the woods. It was great exercise for us moms!
Someone spotted a snake, but no one was daring enough to actually pick it up until this girl grabbed it and hung it high for everyone to see. Soon everyone wanted a chance to hold the snake. We actually ended up rescuing this traumatized snake from fighting hands!



 


I went with Nate & his class to a Pioneer Village. It was a fantastic day with the children dressed up as Pioneers. The teachers even instructed them to pack a pioneer's lunch. Out came the wicker baskets, mason jars, & tin cans.
I didn't tell Nate that I got a Pioneer outfit for myself. I woke up early & got all dressed up. Itchy stuff, but the bonnet can hide unruly hair. When the boys came down for breakfast and saw me, they kind of stopped in their tracks and with a funny grin they said, "Hi Ma!" Little House on the Prairie...

The Pioneer Village was most impressive with their hands-on teaching. Small groups were taken to different buildings. At the log house they baked,washed & hung laundry, in the wood shop they made a toy, in the store they learned how to barter & write in the store's ledger. I know that I enjoyed this class trip just as much as the school kids.














                      {For Mr. & Mrs. VG. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy of your family!}











                                            

A beautiful fall setting. I love the colours of fall.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Kerri! Pioneer Day looks like a great time. Maybe we can go together next time. Gotta love all those VG grandchildren! Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you dressed up too, Kerri! :-) And your kids are smart to say "Hi Ma!" so quickly in response to your surprise outfit for the day. :-) Love this post (and the rest of your blog)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done Kerri. We enjoy your blog.
    The boys are sure growing.

    The VG's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to see a photo of you running down a long-grassed hill (with a big oak tree) in the background....but these are real nice too! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, what a pleasure to hear from you! Thanks for commenting!
    VG'S, I thought that it would be neat for you to see your family in this "neck of the woods." I know that you certainly enjoy them & so do we!
    Christine, very funny:)

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete